Discuss Porcelain Floor Tiles in the Best Floor Tiles area at TilersForums.com.

R

Rebellnic

I've recently had porcelain floor tiles fitted & grouted in kitchen. Two weeks later I've found out that the ceramic adhesive (evostick fastset)has been used by the tiler.
Should I get the tiles lifted and relaid with correct adhesive? Surely risk of damage to tiles is high during the lifting & cleaning?
Tiler tells me the tiles haven't "popped", he's used this adhesive before and he will guarantee the work for a year. However everything else tells me I should get him to relay the tiles regardless of the aggro involved.

D

Deleted member 1779

If your tiler is new to the idea of working with porcelain tiles
he may also be interested to know we have an all in one tile
drilling solution for porcelain tiles.

kit2.jpg

Something tilers working with ceramics often dont realise is that you must use
diamonds to cut the tile. And that includes the holes.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Porcelain Floor Tiles in the Best Floor Tiles area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

hello new here but wished i had found and asked before screed and ufh down but here goes. We...
Replies
Views
Hi, I‘ve just finished tiling the majority of my garden path. Base is concrete, and tiles are...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Further to my other post re our hollow tiles issue It looks like our tiler has dot and dabbed...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB