Discuss porcelain question in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

johnryan

i just prepped up a floor today to set some 600x600 polished porcelaine, and just wanted to know if i should remove the transit wax before i lay them. they're presealed, and the few jobs i've done before with presealed polished porcelaine i've cleaned the transit wax off first. but i've read here somewhere that they should be stripped of transit wax after they're laid. could someone clarify which is the best way to go about this. haven't done many porcelaine jobs before, and since coming on here have got a bit worried that some things i was doing weren't strictly correct, so any advice on this would be greatly appreciated.

J

johnryan

I use LTP Grimex to remove the wax and LTP MPG to seal, if it helps John. There's absolutely nothing wrong with the materials that Gary suggests, it's just that we each have our own preferences :thumbsup:.
ok, thanks daz. i'll give the grimex a try on this one, i read about that on another post too, so hope it'll make it easier than the way i did it before, which was by using some flannels and about 16 rolls of kitchen roll !

J

johnryan

well, i found a great way to get rid of the wax, using a floor buffer;
Photo0760.jpg
found it in my sisters cupboard under the stairs, and thought i'd give it a try. cleared all the wax in 30mins, with no chemicals needed. great stuff.:thumbsup:

Reply to porcelain question in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Will I be setting myself up to fail if I use the Dunlop CF-03 Flexible Fast Set Tile...
Replies
Views
Hello, first post, asking about career change and possible entry route into the industry. I know...
Replies
Views
Evening all, I've got a job coming up soon in a bathroom, wall to ceiling around the bath then...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
porcelain question
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.