Guest viewing is limited

Discuss porcelain tiles disolving????? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

MrMoo

hi, new to the forum, so hi all :)

I have a query... Ive been looking for black polished porcelain tiles to retile my kitchen floor, hunting the different sites and a few shops to try and get the best deal...
However today i go to a tile warehouse and they say their cheapest is £35 m2, ive seen online for £15 m2, and the guy in the shop tells me cheap porcelain tiles start disolving as soon as theyre layed (it sounded a trifle odd to me and he wanted to make a sale) but he said something to do with soluble salts

basically what i want to know is, is this true and is there anything i should ask the tile supplier online to verify his tiles arent pants? or should i avoid them?

thanks Neil

kilty55

TF
Arms
edinburgh
hello mr moo,you will get what you pay for imo,,cheap tiles from an unkown internet source may well be poorer quality,if you want a high gloss good quality porcelain tile i would want to see a sample 1st personally,i think 30 to 35 pounds a meter is an acceptable price,,i think 15 is too low to be honest for a good one id expect to pay 15 pounds for a ceramic tile of a decent quality

C

Colin-TG

I have not seen the tiles that you have linked to, but 400x400 polished porcelain that are available now tend to not be of the highest quality.
I can recommend a couple of tiles that we sell on Tile HQ,
Regal Black Polished Porcelain
8M2 would be £169.28 delivered
or for a pre-sealed, nano polished tile Super Black Polished Porcelain
8M2 would be £211.37 delivered
We also sell Mapei adhesive and grout which is very well regarded.
There are buttons for ordering samples on the website if either would be of interest.

Reply to porcelain tiles disolving????? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

hello new here but wished i had found and asked before screed and ufh down but here goes. We...
Replies
Views
I have been researching this for days and need some help. My garage has a concrete floor. I live...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am a homeowner living in the Metro Vancouver area in British Columbia. I am currently...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Just after a bit of advice please. I had my kitchen floor tiled last week (porcelain...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
porcelain tiles disolving?????
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.