Discuss Porcelain tiles not sticking to plywood? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

B

Bill

Not necessarily ? Does the floor feel solid? What thickness of ply is currently down? Are you a pro tiler or DIY project?

15mm ply screw fixed at 300mm centres, as per BAL advice. Ply is fitted over original 22mm chipboard floor. I'm a DIY tiler, but done a few floor tiling jobs in the house and never had a problem. Just worried about try to refix them to ply and having the same problem again?

C

charlie1

15mm ply screw fixed at 300mm centres, as per BAL advice. Ply is fitted over original 22mm chipboard floor. I'm a DIY tiler, but done a few floor tiling jobs in the house and never had a problem. Just worried about try to refix them to ply and having the same problem again?

It wont do any hard other than your pocket to fit hardie 6mm glued and screwed! Make sure there are no height restrictions though. I think where the tiles have failed though is more down to your application. Use standard setting adhesive would be my advice rather than rapid and apply how we described above... You can do it! Or... Hire a pro

B

Bill

You still haven't clarified about this chipboard floor.. Is it floating, or suspended? 300mm centres are too far apart anyway.. At the very least, I'd be adding more screws. ;)

It's 22mm thick T&G Caberboard chipboard flooring on suspended timber joists. I've overlaid with 15mm exterior grade ply screwed at 300mm centres.......as per instructions on BAL single part flexible bag. I don't think deflection in the substrate is the problem....seems be an issue with the adhesive sticking to the tiles but NOT sticking to the ply!

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Porcelain tiles not sticking to plywood? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

A question about mitering and matching epoxy colour I'll be working with some pinkish matt...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I am wondering if someone would be able to help me out/explain something. We had a...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB