Discuss porcelain wall tile adhesive in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

B

Bubblecraft

As the guys have mentioned above, use a cement based adhesive, not tubbed. Use a single part flexible.

Your plasterboard wall will carry up to 32kg pm2. Depending on the thickness of your porcelain, you may be ok. A 10mm Porcelain with adhesive and grout will weigh 28.09kg pm2. A 12mm Porcelain with adhesive and grout will weigh exactly 32.00kg pm2. If your plasterboard has a plaster skim, this is greatly reduced down to 20kg pm2.

Again, with your floor, used cement based adhesive will be required. Check that your floor is flat, deflection & dust free. Use an SBR primer before tiling.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to porcelain wall tile adhesive in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I will be tiling with 60*30 procelain tiles. They weight about 3.57kg each which is about...
Replies
Views
What would you guys do with the walls to prep for fitting 1200mm x 600mm Onice Verde (Porcelain)...
Replies
Views
A question about mitering and matching epoxy colour I'll be working with some pinkish matt...
Replies
Views
hello new here but wished i had found and asked before screed and ufh down but here goes. We...
Replies
Views
    • Friendly
I'm going to be installing Marmox multi boards, on two (internal walls) I'll use 4mm, just so I...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB