Discuss Porcelanosa feature tile in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

I

Ian

Howdy all, I know this has been discussed a couple of times but, I'd like a couple of opinions if you'd be so kind. A customer wants these tiles fitted in a shower and I've said that it shouldn't be done due to the fact that they are butt jointed so there won't really be any grout joints. Will tanking make any difference or should I be politely asking them to choose another tile?
amujyru9.jpg

Politely ask them to choose another tile imho , we were having the same conversation on site the other day - where this has been used in a couple of rooms. We both agreed that it will probably let water through , even though apparently according to P'nosa , there is enough room on the face to grout all over. Again , we don't think there is and believe the grooves on the face are too shallow.

All in our humble opinion of course .

Diggy :0)

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Porcelanosa feature tile in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi I am after some advice and opinion if the quality of our recently installed tiles is of an...
Replies
Views
Hi, New to the forum. I'm going to be installing a new corner, shower unit with tiled walls...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB