Discuss Portable Bluetooth Speakers in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

RDTiling

Evening all.

I'm wondering whether any of you have bought a portable reasonably priced Bluetooth speaker for you Vans/Cars?

This is mainly for use in the car and Im after something that will give good sound quality whilst still being heard above the engine, but without having to crank up the volume so much that the sound is distorted.

We go on holiday on Sunday (driving to France) so trying to avoid the need to take loads of CDs. I've got Spotify on my phone so have loads of music but just need a means of playing it in the car.

I could go to the expense of getting a bluetooth kit hardwired into the car (total cost would roughly be £200), however realistically we are looking at replacing the car in the next 12 months. Whilst I would like the new car to have bluetooth in it, there is no guarantee hence why I'm looking at a portable speaker.

Rich

R

RDTiling

If u've a budget like that, without question it's the Bose
Bluetooth portable speaker.
It's simply brilliant!
Bought one for my wife at Christmas 18months ago and she still uses it a few times a week, we've used it in the car and it performs really well.

Buy BOSE SoundLink Mini Bluetooth Speaker II - Black | Free Delivery | Currys

I did look at that one, unfortuantely I've not come across any reviews that say how it performs in a car, so its good to hear it performs well in such and enviroment.

Dan's put an idea of swapping out the car stereo in my head, but the portable would allow additional flexibility for BBQ's etc (assuming we get any decent weather!)

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
I did look at that one, unfortuantely I've not come across any reviews that say how it performs in a car, so its good to hear it performs well in such and enviroment.

Dan's put an idea of swapping out the car stereo in my head, but the portable would allow additional flexibility for BBQ's etc (assuming we get any decent weather!)
Bluetooth speakers in a car is just going to sound rubbish.

Use the car speakers and sort a bluetooth head unit out. BE A MAN! haha

You'll need:-
  • A cheap head unit
  • A surround for the head unit (they're usual universal)
  • An adapter block, which you plug into your car loom, and the back of the stereo - sounds awkward but it isn't, it's a 2 minute job
Halffords fit some stereos for free. And if it isn't free, it's only 20 quid or something.

You can swap it all back after and sell your head unit for nearly full price if you keep the box and receipt and ebay it as BNIB / unwanted gift?

R

RDTiling

Bluetooth speakers in a car is just going to sound rubbish.

Use the car speakers and sort a bluetooth head unit out. BE A MAN! haha

You'll need:-
  • A cheap head unit
  • A surround for the head unit (they're usual universal)
  • An adapter block, which you plug into your car loom, and the back of the stereo - sounds awkward but it isn't, it's a 2 minute job
Halffords fit some stereos for free. And if it isn't free, it's only 20 quid or something.

You can swap it all back after and sell your head unit for nearly full price if you keep the box and receipt and ebay it as BNIB / unwanted gift?

Thanks Dan.

I think a trip to Halfords tomorrow is in order on my way home and see what they have!

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Portable Bluetooth Speakers in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

T
So.... Signed up to the forum, looked at loads of threads (found the one about poor workmanship...
Replies
Views
S
Hi guys I'm going to try to tile my bathroom. On the pictures you will see two old window...
Replies
Views
White Room
W
M
Hi all Interested in views from the trade world about how I should deal with a big floor tiling...
2 3 4 5
Replies
Views
A
Hi guys hoping someone could advise me as to what needs doing on a job i am on. Its a long...
Replies
Views
AKOTiler
A
R
i was in John Lewis the other day and listened to the demo of it, and thought it was nice...
Replies
Views
Colour Republic
C
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB