UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Power floated floor preparation. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

bugs183

Hi chaps.
Just want to run a job past you that i've just looked at.
Been to see a 33m2 garage floor. It has been down for 6 years, and is power floated. The client has painted the floor, but being power floated it has flaked. Now he wants it tiled. The floor is flat, dry, has no oil or contaminants on it.
I'm thinking of hiring a floor pplaner with a rotary head with tungsten bites to remove the first few mm of the concrete, priming with a dilute epoxy floor primer/bonder, added silica sand as it dries, and levelling whilst still tacky. Then leaving to dry and begin tiling. Sounds ok to me...
Have any of you fella's got any other systems you use to deal with power floated floors.
Cheers, John.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
Enclosed shot blasting or even a needle scabbler might be better. If the top has shaled off in parts you can bet your life there will be patches which are shaling nd weak that will not come away with a scarifier or grinder. They will move with a scabbler. Concrete planer would not really be appropriate in my opinion.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Power floated floor preparation. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
First of all, I'm sure this question has been asked a thousand times so apologies in advance! A...
Replies
Views
S
Ok so just putting this out there for a mate of mine to see if anyone would like to take on...
Replies
Views
Spare Tool
S
Hi We've knocked through our kitchen and dining room and taken up old stone/porcelain tiles in...
Replies
Views
Sorry this has probably been discussed to death here in the past but... I have been preparing...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.