Discuss Power vibro vid in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

D

Diamond Pool Finishers

Well the last time i see anyone use the method phil is on about was when i tiled monmouth girls school 25m pool and the surround had had a pattern ,the guys were from south wales ,and i think they saved a lot of money !!! by not using pre blended adhesive, they split the surround into bays broken-up by expansion joints . and that was 23 ish years ago and its still in great nick.........

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

Nice fast method compared to tile adhesive then. Best our wee squad could do was about 120m on a good day with two spreading, two laying, and usually me mixing and fetching. :lol:

Our minimum lay of 150m2 per day included screeding 25ton of readymix 4:1 sand and cement at approx 65mm/70mm bed. Bloody hard work, but the big pay cheque soothed the pain at the end of the week.:thumbsup:

T

If you had a pump would you have been doing more M2's....

Hi Mark, we used a pump in California when we mixed our own screed, and Texas, but at home we always got readymix with 12 hour retarder. we used mostly a bobcat to move the screed, or sometimes a double wheeled pram (barrow) that carried half a ton pushed by Tony Cullens son Adrian, both legends in their own lunchtime.:thumbsup:

mz30

TF
Arms
liverpool
Mike I remember us working past midnight many times, as you say some hard times, but the job was carried out by some hard men:thumbsup:

Yeah phil some long,long days I was only a kid then ,think I was 20 last time I worked with you and the lads, set me up to work hard over the years though, but now as I have just turned 40 am gutted if I work past 4 o'clock, happy doing a mixture of commercial ,domestic etc and getting a regular wage ,I done the money chasing when I was younger so leave that to the younger guys now.

P

Peter

Mike I remember us working past midnight many times, as you say some hard times, but the job was carried out by some hard men:thumbsup:

There's a strange buzz once working past midnight. When we were working away at a big floor and had two days left my boss would have regularly said "We will just work on tonight to finish it". 8am in the morning til - 4.30am the next morning many times to get a job finished. Back home for 7am and you had the rest of the day off if you were lucky :lol:

T

There's a strange buzz once working past midnight. When we were working away at a big floor and
had two days left my boss would have regularly said "We will just work on tonight to finish it". 8am in the morning til - 4

.30am the next morning many times to get a job finished. Back home for 7am and you had the rest of the day off if you were lucky :lol:

Those were the days Peter when we were on nights.:lol:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Power vibro vid in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

M
Hi Everyone! :welcome2: Bringing to you updates about Mapei and our products, starting with...
Replies
Views
Mapei UK
M
M
Hi all, I am going to a play tomorrow night an it is about 4 tilers. Did anyone on the forum...
Replies
Views
M

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB