UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss powers shower/bath in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

bugs183

It's just that some folk don't like change kent.
Ok the old style tubbed adhesive has worked for donkeys years, but things have changed.
Porcelain and large format tiles have become the norm, you cannot used tubbed for these.
Showers have become way more powerful, so more water sloshing around means potentially more water absorbing through the grout, no cementious grout is waterproof, it' waterproof. so any little weeps of water on tubbed adhesive will wreck the job. Cementitious is more water resiliant.
People want tanked showers and wet rooms, you cannot fix tiles to these as the tanked substrate won't absorb the adhesive.
So there are some major factors here for not doing any showers in tubbed.
I wouldn't rule out tubbed adhesives, I still use some tubbed on small ceramic tiles as it suits the job nicely, but only in dry areas, never showers.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to powers shower/bath in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, i hope someone can give me some advice please. I’m planning on tiling our bathroom walls...
Replies
Views
Help! Advice needed please! I am in the middle of a bathroom renovation that my partner is...
Replies
Views
Hi there, long time lurker, first time poster. I’ve recently moved in to a new build property...
Replies
Views
Hi, Absolute newby here in terms of tiling. Having been doing lots of research and I think I`m...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I could do with some advise if anyone would kindly help me. first of all, I’m not a...
Replies
Views
Edd The Tiler
E

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.