Discuss Prep, adhesive and grout advice for bathroom in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

C

Craig001

Hi all,

Just wondered if anyone could offer some advice to me ahead of me tiling our bathroom at the weekend.
I have a limited bit of experience in that I used to fit bathrooms although the majority of tiling was usually done by someone else.

I basically have a bathroom with 3 walls that are plastered over block work and one stud wall that will be boarded in aquapanel board.
At present there is half height tiling and wallpaper on the walls.

I would just like to know how you pros would go about preparation of the surfaces and what adhesive and grout you would use, I have read so many posts re adhesives that I am more confused than when I first started looking!
The tiles that i am using are a mixture of white 600 x 200s and a raised split surfaced porcelain tile up the middle of one wall (Petra Negro 200 x 200mm) as a feature which i think will need a small joint size to look right, maybe 1mm?? I guess this will make them a real pain to grout though??
My worry is that if I don't get the grout into the joints properly that it will end up falling out and I will have a disaster on my hands.
Any advice on what products would be best suited and any for-see able problems would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Nottingham
I personally wouldn't even attempt to grout the split face tiles and as such would only use on a feature wall in a dry area.
Use a single part flexible bagged adhesive and a flexible grout and you won't go wrong.
Be sure to use an acrylic based primer on plaster surfaces.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Prep, adhesive and grout advice for bathroom in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Friendly
I'm going to be installing Marmox multi boards, on two (internal walls) I'll use 4mm, just so I...
Replies
Views
Hi, hoping someone can help with advice. We purchased 600 x 600 tiles for our bathroom floor...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I've had a bit of an issue on a job I've been doing recently. We finished tiling on...
Replies
Views
Hi people I'm in desperate need of advice So my builder who I let go due to poor work has...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB