Discuss Prices/Rates. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

I

Ian

I've got a variety of customers/builders who I work for, I like to charge £160 per day but some of my customers won't pay that so it's better to get the regular work for £120 than lose out. Haven't really altered my pricing since I went self employed 4 years ago, tend to just price each job on its own merits and what I think its worth. Having said all that I do always measure each job by the m2 and work out a price from that and compare it to a day rate. Bit long winded but I think you see where I'm coming from!

I have increased my rates every qtr since i started

i price all my jobs from a costing matrix i have used and developed over the years, this makes my quotes consistent/competative and ensures i consider every aspect of the job and allow for this in my quotes.

if i need to offer a discount then i know my margin to maintain my minimum day rate but wont go below £150 per day even for mates rates.

i also mark up on all materials supplied so this is factored in on top of my day rate

most important is knowing your cost of sales so you know your bare minimum earnings to be in the game

I

Ian

Interesting. I price out @ £155 a day, but mates rates tend to drop to around £110-£120. Having said that I havent got many mates!!!! LOL

Will be fitting a bathroom in France next year for my sister, I expect that to end up around £100 a day. However for that I get board and lodging and access to a ski resort, allbeit an hours drive away!!

Charging for family!!!!! You are the new Scrooge!!!!! :)

Reply to Prices/Rates. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello one and all, I have a 240m2 floor tiling job to price, including a tile upstand edged with...
Replies
Views
Unfortunately the tiler did not follow the manufactures instructions for mixing up the two part...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
I’m halfway through tiling a shower cubicle at home. First time doing any tiling. I’ve used...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Prices/Rates.
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.