Discuss Prices/Rates. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

mikethetile

my rates have just gone up again for the new year

mine are under constant review, I use variable pricing to regulate the amount of work coming in, if I win more than 1 in 2 or 3 my rate goes up , if I win less than 1in 5 my rate comes down to keep it around 1 in 3 or 4

its a bit more complicated than that , as my costs rise so does my breakeven, the more days you work the lower your breakeven is per day , the less days you work the less days there are to cover your costs so your breakeven per day goes up, thats on fixed costs, your variable costs rise the more work you do and drop the less work you do

so I just keep a tab on what its costing me , what im earning and what profit there is in each job, i then use these figures to price the next job and so on

Last edited by a moderator:

chris.tiling

TF
Arms
Poole
I do the same as Brian J, Dave etc, but have recently started to up the day rate on certain jobs. I have done a couple of weeks work for my cousin recently, so need to recoup the lower earnings from that job! I have increased the day rate by about £15 for the first time in two years.

M

mikethetile

I was chatting to another tradesmen today and he proudly announced that he was still charging at pre recession prices and couldnt keep up with demand, I laughed and told him he was kidding himself and no wonder he had too much work

if he worked for an organisation over the last 3 years he would have had about 10% increase in his wages due to cost of living rises, he has swallowed all the increases on insurance, fuel etc and so is effectively taking a pay cut every year

he walked off in deep thought LOL

Reply to Prices/Rates. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello one and all, I have a 240m2 floor tiling job to price, including a tile upstand edged with...
Replies
Views
Unfortunately the tiler did not follow the manufactures instructions for mixing up the two part...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
I’m halfway through tiling a shower cubicle at home. First time doing any tiling. I’ve used...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Prices/Rates.
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.