Discuss Pricing help please.. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

dilz000

ok, so I've already done the work, but its for my girlfriends m&d so they never asked for a quote, it was a "just let us know what we owe you" situation, no problems I thought. Now due to waiting for them to do certain things I lost some time eg. waiting a morning for plywood, waiting for tiles, then just going to get them myself as it was easier. you all know the type of people, very nice, but nice and laid back. so in total Its taken 5 and a half days, but really 4 days worth of hours.

This is what I have had to do:

* To prepare area suitable for tiling, including:

- Removal of the shower glass, shower tray, toilet and sink/pedistal.
- Removal of existing tiled floor.
- Removal of existing damaged T&G floor.
- Bracing of existing joists
- To cut and fit 18mm W&B ply
- Over board with 6mm cement board.

* To tile:

- Appx. 2.6m2 of mosaics in a straight grid pattern and grout.
- Area behind shower tray and re-grout ready for instalation.

- Silicon around floor once shower tray has been installed.

Now before I tell them how much I want, how much would you sugest I charge, labour only?

Thanks guys

Last edited by a moderator:

kilty55

TF
Arms
edinburgh
i tend to do family jobs cheaper ,work out what you would normally have charged and knock 25 percent off

i made this mistake when i 1st started out i did a job for my gfs family and i felt awkward about pricing it,the job was worth about 1200 quid and they handed me 300 for 8 days work....i feel even though you feel you should do it cheaper for your family etc that a lot will let you do it for free if they can

look after yourself basically but without upsetting the missuses folks too
lol

D

dilz000

Thanks Stewart, so charge them for 4 days labour? My reason for asking really is the work would of probably taken yourself and other more experienced guys 2.5 / 3 days labour, and i dont want them to turn their noses up at it. lol

The mosaics where Travertine btw so had to be cleaned and sealed aswell.

I was thinking around £360.00??? It may also be worth adding that i dont tile full time, its not my main source of income yet as im still new to the game, hopefully it will be eventually

Last edited by a moderator:
D

doug boardley

i tend to do family jobs cheaper ,work out what you would normally have charged and knock 25 percent off

i made this mistake when i 1st started out i did a job for my gfs family and i felt awkward about pricing it,the job was worth about 1200 quid and they handed me 300 for 8 days work....i feel even though you feel you should do it cheaper for your family etc that a lot will let you do it for free if they can

look after yourself basically but without upsetting the missuses folks too
lol
very similar to me doing wifes parents, but I didn't even get a thank you, in fact M-i-L complained about having to look after gabriel while I was doing it!!:mad2::mad2::mad2:

Reply to Pricing help please.. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone please give me some advice. I have an old bathroom and I want to turn it into a...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am installing a shower/wet room in an upstairs on suite. Shower tray will be installed...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Pricing help please..
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.