UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Pricing ? - Help in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

L

Leatherface

How would you price this one.
Need to send in price for job - Kitchen company.
Kitchen floor into utility room - 600 x 300 porcelain tiles - brick bond.
Kitchen floor slopes badly in a few ways, appears to have a lump in the middle - there is click flooring down at the moment - they don't want to remove it yet, so canot see what sub floor is like or extent of remedial work required. Utility floor is on a different level and has slate tiles -well fixed, so I am thinking self level over these.
The problem I have is that although I guess there will be a days prep and X bags of self leveller and or adhesive to make the floor good, I still dont know how much to charge for the tiling. As you know, 600 x 300 tiles in brick make it very hard to follow the floor, tiles have to be pretty much "**** on" so as not to get steps or lipping. It may be that I have to use twice as much adhesive as usual to bed out the tiles to get them level.
Was thinking of charging on a day rate @ £150 per day - 3 to 4 days finished / sealed & grouted. Plus materials - 5 to 8 bags of adhesive.
Would like to get job as there is also a 30 sq m Travertine bathroom - but don't want to quote low on the kitchen floor and find myself out of pocket.

E

epoxy pete

nightmare...wouldnt attempt to price until floor taken up and the full extent of the substrate was revealed,then a fully detailed costing and breakdown of the job is submitted to the company, and the client whose house it was....i wouldnt start it till they were fully aware of the costs involved etc,dont be pushed into a corner regarding time scales , the job sounds an absolute ball ache....."oh the joys of domestic work"....

E

epoxy pete

excellent ...........make sure it is in writing ......no comebacks then for you...give everyone involved a copy of it....no chance of you loosing a penny then,although it will be the first job for these people,start as you mean to go on with them,you can never tell someone too much about something , say too little and you ll loose out,anything that crops up at a later stage you ll be fully covered for in your written quotation and method statement...........:)

C

Concept PHT

I do some work for a few Conny Company's. One in particular just e mails me the jobs and tells me to get on with it. Which suits me fine. Also, if any prep work is needed, I just get on with that too and bill them accordingly. No questions asked.

Its nice when you can get ones like that.

I have had some nightmare companys that winge about paying up when the jobs done. Needless to say, i'm not there anymore.... :)

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Pricing ? - Help in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello one and all, I have a 240m2 floor tiling job to price, including a tile upstand edged with...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. Im a carpenter who has tiled a fair few floors over the years as i fit a lot of...
Replies
Views
Hi people I'm in desperate need of advice So my builder who I let go due to poor work has...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.