Discuss Pricing phone calls. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

turnip

TF
Arms
This is how I do it:
Customer (potential) phones: Can i have price over the phone please? "Yes, certainley" says I, your name please.....and your contact number..... and your address please.....if they have provided information so far then its a : "yes Sir/madam, I can visit you at blah blah o'clock". Turnit round on them fellas, your foot is in the door better than dismissing a vague phone call! Also sorts out genuine potential customers from competition finding out what everyone else is charging, sales people/yellow pages etc, cos they will put that phone down faster than you can say "advanced sales tactics"!!!! as you were.....

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

This is how I do it:
Customer (potential) phones: Can i have price over the phone please? "Yes, certainley" says I, your name please.....and your contact number..... and your address please.....if they have provided information so far then its a : "yes Sir/madam, I can visit you at blah blah o'clock". Turnit round on them fellas, your foot is in the door better than dismissing a vague phone call! Also sorts out genuine potential customers from competition finding out what everyone else is charging, sales people/yellow pages etc, cos they will put that phone down faster than you can say "advanced sales tactics"!!!! as you were.....

Spot on Turnip, to many tyre kickers out there. I always ask where they got my name from, If its a referral from a previous customer, then I will make an appointment to survey the job. I never give prices over the phone:thumbsup:

Reply to Pricing phone calls. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello one and all, I have a 240m2 floor tiling job to price, including a tile upstand edged with...
Replies
Views
I will be tiling with 60*30 procelain tiles. They weight about 3.57kg each which is about...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi. I've just used Mapei Ultimate Leveller 1210 to cover a very irregular concrete floor in our...
Replies
Views
L
I would like some advise. We booked a tiler for a new build with quite a lot of work to be done...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Pricing phone calls.
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.