Discuss priming plasterboard? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

J

johnryan

hello all, just doing a method statement, and while attaching data sheets on addys' etc, i noticed this on the weber eco plus data sheet;

Wallboards: fibre/cement,
plasterboard, plywood
Ensure boards are rigidly supported, clean,
dry and free from dust. Plasterboard should

be thoroughly primed with
weber PR360
until surface stops absorbing

now i always thought that plasterboard isn't primed but for some reason this particular addy does need to be primed. unfortunately i've used this a couple of times on jobs and haven't primed the boards first. should i be worried? anyone know why plasterboard should be primed in this particular instance? got caught out on this and hoping for some reassurance that i dont have a disaster waiting to happen on my hands. cheers.

john

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
I must admit I've always primed standard plasterboard so as no moisture in the addy is soaked in.
Seems to be one of those either or questions. Any reason as to why you don't prime guys?
I suppose with cement based adhesive it'd be ok. But would the paper lining absorb too much moisture if you used a tubbed adhesive and could this potentially cause a problem?

J

johnryan

as with sir ramic i guess i'll go with the data sheet but just a bit worried about the couple of jobs i've already done using this addy without priming.
as far as ali said i always thought that p.board didn't need to be primed as most addy data sheets don't say it needs to be. as far as tubbed goes, i very rarely use it anymore, and normally if i do it would only be in kitchens or when i turn up for site work and that's what's been provided. however it does sound like a good idea to prime plasterboard with tubbed and i may start to do that on the odd occasion i do use it.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to priming plasterboard? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
G
Hi all, I'm new to the forum so please forgive any silly questions, I've taken on rather a big...
Replies
Views
M
Hi All I have a question about priming, I have bought the Ardex Waterproof Protection System to...
Replies
Views
R
Hi all. I’m looking for another opinion(s) on this. A friend of mine posted this picture on...
Replies
Views
D
Hi have pro warm boards fitted to new shower room walls and floor. Am I right in saying I need...
Replies
Views
ds1980
D
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB