Search the forum,

Discuss Priming when using ready mix in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Hi all I've got a newbie question here!

I've got a kitchen splashback coming up soon with 200x100 ceramic metro tiles, I'll be using mapei mapegrip D1 ready mixed adhesive and have mapei probond primer.

My question is do I need to prime the walls first even though it is a ready mix? I have always primed before hand but I've heard lots of people saying you don't need to prime when using ready mix?

The wall is painted but in good stable condition. Could I just get away with tiling straight onto the painted wall without priming or would I need to score the wall first? Or should I score then prime? If I can avoid the sanding then that would be great!

I'd appreciate any advice thank you

Reply to Priming when using ready mix in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Question
Hi, Can't seem to find a solid answer as I realise so much depends on multiple factors. I'm planning to tile my kitchen floor with 8mm porcelain floor tiles (660x440mm). My kitchen floor is...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent bathroom (600x600 porcelain, about 25m walls and floors) which went pretty well. I'm now having a go...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I've got an AKW Tuff form shower tray with a waste that is 10mm above the tray when fully screwed in. The Tiler laid my 5mm hex mosaic tiles on a 2mm bed, so obvs wasn't going to drain. I took...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement