Discuss Problematic grout??? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

Perfect Tiling

Hi guys..hope everyone is well before the monday morning starts!!! Heres a query for you. I have on the last couple of jobs been using granfix white grout and after a couple of days some of it has gone dark...like a purplish tinge especially on the edges of the joint. Thought it may be that I used a different makers adhesive the first time but used granfix adhesive the latest time. Both jobs had days to dry out so I didn't rush it. Also noticed it last month on my own en-suite with ivory grout by granfix. Also noticed that granfix grout darkens either side of the joint where siliconed. Is there a reason...or is granfix rubbish?? Cheers. :mad2:

P

Perfect Tiling

I'm the same now Ben...using BAL or Dunlop and avoiding granfix. The addy I used was cement based and allowed over 24 hours to set. It was only on a couple of jobs and prob from same bag (now binned!!!). No problems with new stuff I am buying. Just staeted using Dunlop standard set plus addy which is the same stuff as the BAL SPF but almost half the price. Spoke to BAL today and the only difference is that the BAL has a 25 year guarantee wheras Dunlop has 10....paying for the name again!!!!

D

DHTiling

I'm the same now Ben...using BAL or Dunlop and avoiding granfix. The addy I used was cement based and allowed over 24 hours to set. It was only on a couple of jobs and prob from same bag (now binned!!!). No problems with new stuff I am buying. Just staeted using Dunlop standard set plus addy which is the same stuff as the BAL SPF but almost half the price. Spoke to BAL today and the only difference is that the BAL has a 25 year guarantee wheras Dunlop has 10....paying for the name again!!!!

Sorry to disagree but that statement is wrong..

It might be made in the same place but it is deffo not the same product..

So who at BAL said this then..?

Reply to Problematic grout??? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I'm having my kitchen renovated and the tiler came last week and did the floor tiles. They're...
Replies
Views
F
Good evening all. I need to tile the kitchen floor over the bank holiday weekend. We are having...
Replies
Views
Futuregrout
F
Morning chaps! I have been lurking on here for a while now, gathering bits of information and...
Replies
Views
Old Mod
O
S
I am trying to decide which grey grout to use between white subway tiles (spaced at 2mm). I...
Replies
Views
simonjay
S
B
Hi all. I have a problem with some small mosaic glass tiles. The glass mosaics are 8mm thick...
Replies
Views
Dave H
D

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Problematic grout???
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.