Discuss Problems with grout not drying on shower floor expert advice needed in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

A

Angela_B

Re: Problems with grout not drying on shower floor expert advice neede

If the Tile safe tanking system is the black self adhesive roofing felt type stuff then I have seen the grout between mosaic tiles become cracked and retain moisture several times. If it is what I think it is then it remains soft and deformable under the mosic tilng and point loading applied to the mosic causes almost invisible cracks in the surrounding grout which then allow deeper moisture penetration which in turn will take longer to dry out. If the mosaic was on mesh backing then the problem will first be seen on the joints between the mesh sheets as these joints are not strengthened by mesh tying the mosaic to the adjacent mosaic piece.

Hi SJPurdy it is the black self adhesive roofing felt type stuff. The tiler s coming back to regrout, but I'm not sure this will solve the problem.the dark grout is spreading so more and more water is obviously getting behind there. Is it a case of ripping it all out and starting again?

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Problems with grout not drying on shower floor expert advice needed in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all , it’s been years since last posted for advice and your methods . My question is this ...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I've had a bit of an issue on a job I've been doing recently. We finished tiling on...
Replies
Views
Hi there Homeowner here who recently had my kitchen tiled by a professional tiler. We’ve been...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Tiling my en-suite was part of a larger build project. The builder subcontracted the tiler who...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB