Discuss Problems with Tiler in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

Gisela

I have just had my kitchen tiled with porcelain tiles it's a 10 sq metre area. He quoted to lift the existing tiles which were not very old and had been expertly laid, but I had the conservatory tiles with porcelain tiles by a different Tiler and it looked lovely so decided to do kitchen as well. Sadle the Tiler that did it became ill so I got quotes. The Tiler who has done it has made a complete mess. He removed the tiles in three hours and disappeared for the day, but did not remove the adhesive. He returned the next day and tiled and qrouted in the space in under 6 hours. I have lipped tiles, uneven floor, chipped tiles one inch of ugly grout all round the walls. He said the chipped tiles were my fault because I walked on it, which I did not. Could you advise me if you think 3 hours is a reasonable time span for one person to remove tiles and adhesive on a 10 sq meter area, as he is calling me a liar and saying he did remove the adhesive even though I saw he didn't. Also is it reasonable for one person to tile and grout this area in under 6 hours. He did not use tile spacers or anything, he did not have a spirit level and had to borrow a chisel. I would appreciate your reply

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Problems with Tiler in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I’m after a bit of advice. I’ve just removed the floor tiles in our on suite. After...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I have redone the tiles (porcelain ones) in the kitchen. The grout used, BAL...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB