Discuss Protecting UFH Wire in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

mmmadman

Madman, one more tip...before pouring the SLC, double-check that all the wires are securely attached to the floor. :thumbsup:

If not, a loose wire can "float" to the surface of the wet SLC and then it's too late to do anything about it when you see it happening from the other side of the room and 15 bags are on the floor...uhhhh, nothing like that ever happened to me or anything.:mad2:

Good point, cheers.......

How often should the wire be secured with glue, every 50mm for example or should it be glued its full length?

Also is the regular glue supplied with glue guns ok to use on the cable and insulation board?

Cheers....................:8:

R

Rob Z

Madman, we usually skim the wires with thinset (I think is what you call addy? John, help me out here please :) ) in order to hold them down. Sometimes, however, we don't have time and can't do the extra step. In these situations, we secure the wire every foot or so. Every 50 mm would be about every two inches, which I think isn't necessary. Where the wire is straight, you could secure it farther apart than every foot, I think. But at the turns...every two/three inches is probably OK.

And I think this varies with the mats. NuHeat wires are thick in places and it seems like we have to fight with them more to get them to lay down.

The use of a monitor like Faithy mentions is well worth the money.:thumbsup:

Reply to Protecting UFH Wire in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
What's your tiling question? Pictures can be added. Hello, I have a question about preparing a...
Replies
Views
Hi, I recently purchased my first property and the existing kitchen floor porcelain tiles were...
Replies
Views
Hi.I'm a new member here and would appreciatte some advice on my case. I'm about to start...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Protecting UFH Wire
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.