Discuss Putting a metal bar into my garage floor... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
You would be best I think not breaking out any concrete because if you do this you will end up with a weak patch which a theif with only a small amount of determination would be able to dislodge with a decent crow bar. Best in my opinion to drill and bolt the thing down. Use a locktight resin to lock the bolts in place so that they cannot be easily unscrewed.

G

Gazzer

I had a friend that bought himself a brand new bike. Garage door had 2 locks on, anchor in the floor with resin fixed bolts, the best chain he could get.
They estimate it took 5 minutes to steal and his car was blocking the bike at the back of the garage !!
How !! he passed the chain around the frame and through floor anchor....they cut the frame ! and pulled the bike over the top of his car ! Ok frame was scrap but they would probably break it for parts anyway.
If they want it then they will have it. All you can do is make it as hard as possible to steal.

R

Rob Z

We would be doing horizontal fixing so the capsule probably would'nt have been much good anyway, never seen them before though.

Mark, for horizontal applications, we've used Hilti and other brands, and there is a mesh sleeve that we insert into the hole, and then the epoxy is injected into the mesh. Slide the fastener in and it tightens up fast. The epxoy made for this is a little more viscous.

R

Rich

Thanks everybody :thumbsup:

Its a 2002 Yamaha YZF 600R (thundercat) in blue and white,haven't got any pics of it yet but this is the spit of it. Thundercat[1].jpg

haven't bought any of it yet, just trying to get an idea of the best way of going about it. Think I might phone up the insurance company and ask them what brand of locking system that recommend, might just bring my insurance down a penny. I know that nothing will stop some1 getting the thing out if they really want to but I need to make it as much of a pain in the *** for the swine that tries it. Also I want to see if I can get the insurance down a bit because Im a tight git :smilewinkgrin:

Reply to Putting a metal bar into my garage floor... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, new to forum and first post, after some advice. Recently had the chamber of my fireplace...
Replies
Views
Hello I'm new to tiling my first flooring job it's 42sqm in 600x 200 floor tiles (wood effect)...
Replies
Views
D
Budget renovation as I just bought the flat. Cavity brick walls, 1 external. Removed old tiles...
Replies
Views
I have been researching this for days and need some help. My garage has a concrete floor. I live...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Putting a metal bar into my garage floor...
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.