Discuss Quandrant shower enclosure and tiling in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

ramzy

Hi,
First time poster.

I recently bought a quadrant shower enclosure and tray from a single supplier. The instructions says not to tile on top of tray or the enclosure will not fit. I contacted the supplier and was told to tile the walls first, then push tray against the tiled walls and seal, then fit the enclosure.

Is this normal, The walls are dot and dab plasterboard. I was intially going to install the tray and seal, tank the walls around shower to tray, tile, and then install enclosure.

Ramzy

Chalker

TF
Arms
Tadcaster
The Germans tile before fitting shower trays or baths. They have a better grasp of the concept of a square corner. Personally I never fit after as this would mean a large silicone joint.
easiest way to check is to have a look at the enclosure instruction. This will have a minimum and maximum adjustment. Normally fot an 900 enclosure the screen would typically be adjustable between 860-900mm. Ths will allow for tiling onto the tray

F

Fliselege

The Germans tile before fitting shower trays or baths. They have a better grasp of the concept of a square corner. Personally I never fit after as this would mean a large silicone joint.
easiest way to check is to have a look at the enclosure instruction. This will have a minimum and maximum adjustment. Normally fot an 900 enclosure the screen would typically be adjustable between 860-900mm. Ths will allow for tiling onto the tray

That's how we do it here too, 100% tiled room before plumber fits bath, shower etc

M

m3fitter

i'm afraid that Germany has always been blueprint spec... when I worked there, we tiled full tile from the ceiling ( as it was perfect ) cut to the floor, every different substrate surface tiled, was silicone, not grouted, ie: wall to floor, wall to wall, wall to ceiling.. bath panels were created by blockwork ( by the tiler ) as all accessible plumbing in a separate room or independent boxing accessible, all tiles, on an eye joint not spaced as German std. set was non slip.. hmmm all earthquake proof, their standards are higher than the uk for build and aesthetical look.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Quandrant shower enclosure and tiling in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi there - I’m hoping to get some advice. I’m a builder, based in Melbourne, Australia. I’ve...
Replies
Views
Matthew7
M
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hi - looking for a bit of advice if anyone has experienced this. Hands up I am completely...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB