UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Quardant Tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

bohma2000

I’m renewing quadrant tiles around a cast iron bath - 1965 vintage. The bath is already tiled with 6' white ceramic tiles all around.

There is a gap between the head of the bath and wall of about 20 cm. To complicate matters, there is a boxed in section in the corner, (on the left hand side as you face the taps) of about 25 cm (10 inches in English). The horizontal gap between the head of the bath and the wall was filled by a piece of wood which was tiled. I removed the old tiles from the wood and replaced them but did not notice that the piece of wood was not really level with the bath, so now when I place a quadrant tile on my newly laid tiles, there is a gap of about 3 mm between the quadrant tiles and the tiles on the wall. I re-examined the old tiles which I had removed and realised that there had been a really thick layer of cement on the underside which the original bodger must have used to make things meet up.

I don't fancy ripping up my work and starting over so, is there any way to build up the height on top of the horizontal tiles I have laid so that I can close the gap and make the quadrant tiles run in a nice straight line with the quadrant tiles on the rest of the bath? My first thought was to put another layer of tiles on top of the ones I had renewed but this may not be the ideal solution.

I hope I have explained this clearly. I was going to include a photo but my digital camera has decided to pack up - it never rains but it pours :-(

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Quardant Tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views
Hi, i'm undertaking all of the tiling in our project. I have two different types of 600mm tiles...
Replies
Views
I will be tiling with 60*30 procelain tiles. They weight about 3.57kg each which is about...
Replies
Views
I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views
Hi people I'm in desperate need of advice So my builder who I let go due to poor work has...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.