Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Quarry tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

F

faithhealer

with it being a porch as well would traffic wear a 'path ' down the middle and make it look unsightly in a short period if sealed. Also read about sealer trapping moisture in!
customer appeared to have been 'briefed', on not sealing!, been let down by another tiler so being careful not to hit her with too much conflicting advice in case she thinks I'm just on 'the sell'.
Current tiles are porcelain and the winter has made a right mess of them

Last edited by a moderator:
R

Rob Z

with it being a porch as well would traffic wear a 'path ' down the middle and make it look unsightly in a short period if sealed. Also read about sealer trapping moisture in!
customer appeared to have been 'briefed', on not sealing!, been let down by another tiler so being careful not to hit her with too much conflicting advice in case she thinks I'm just on 'the sell'.
Current tiles are porcelain and the winter has made a right mess of them

Hi John, I don't think that a quality sealer such as one made my Aqua Mix will trap moisture. All of their products that I have used read on the label that they are transmissive to water vapor.

How were the current porcelian tiles set? Any waterproofing on the substrate? Drainage good? Did the setting material fail?

F

faithhealer

Hi John, I don't think that a quality sealer such as one made my Aqua Mix will trap moisture. All of their products that I have used read on the label that they are transmissive to water vapor.

How were the current porcelian tiles set? Any waterproofing on the substrate? Drainage good? Did the setting material fail?
This porch is basically a concrete step, tiles on the top surface have held down but the surface has cracked and looks like it's been hit with a ball pein hammer. Some of the tiles on the vertical face have come away, not 100% coverage on these and looks like water has got in and froze.
They also have tiles on the underside of the roof of the porch, these look ok except the original tiler forgot to grout them lol

Reply to Quarry tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi there. Wondering if anyone can help? We had a path laid using reclaimed quarry tiles on top...
Replies
Views
Hi there, We have red quarry tiles in our indoor entrance hall and my wife would like to paint...
Replies
Views
Hi, Need to choose a grout for the above. For the black floor tiles 300x600 am thinking either...
Replies
Views
Hi All Had a panic when we had to rip out some of our floor tiles after a plumbing leak...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We had an outdoor limestone patio laid at the start of June (finished circa 07/06/24)...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Quarry tiles
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.