Discuss Quartz tiles fixing to plyboard in bathroom in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

I've got to lay some quartz tiles onto a bathroom floor on plyboard any ideas what type of adhesive(make) to use and any possible snags please?

The original question was regarding what adhesive to use and a general 'any tips please' type of post.

I'd assume that the poster was happy to proceed on 12mm ply on joists.

My advice would be to politely tell the client/builder/whoever, that its a little out of your comfort zone and to get an experienced tiler in to do the work.

J

J Sid

Hi Brain, just been having a quick look on internet on adhesive manufacturers site to see what they say you should be doing when fixing to ply.
Looked at bal, weber and ardex so far, and all have different ways to deal with this surface.
This is why i stick to using Detra over ply.
When i get the call to tile a floor the ply is all ready down, so unless i want to unscrew it ( and probably remove shower) lift and fit as recommended so it can be tiled, that's why I use detra.

thats no problem Julian do what you think is right in your own mind then you wont trip up will you, ( only when going into the room you have just tiled lol) keep on trucking i dont need to look things up experience counts and i dont want to argue on a public forum so you do it your way and all that ,whats an improver in the tiling game by the way ?

Andy Tiler

TF
Arms
manchester
Hi Brain, just been having a quick look on internet on adhesive manufacturers site to see what they say you should be doing when fixing to ply.
Looked at bal, weber and ardex so far, and all have different ways to deal with this surface.
This is why i stick to using Detra over ply.
When i get the call to tile a floor the ply is all ready down, so unless i want to unscrew it ( and probably remove shower) lift and fit as recommended so it can be tiled, that's why I use detra.

It's Ditra by the way

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Quartz tiles fixing to plyboard in bathroom in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, i'm undertaking all of the tiling in our project. I have two different types of 600mm tiles...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
I'm redoing our bathroom and looking for some advice on tiling backer boards in relation to the...
Replies
Views
Moved this as I incorrectly posted in the Pro forum! Hi all, Finally getting to lay the tiles in...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB