Discuss Quartz Tiles in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

O

Onecut

Hi Folks
Newbie here so here goes
I am about to tile my new wet room which i have done from scratch which was a garage so not in any hurry as i have a bathroom upstairs.

I was interested in the Black Quartz for the floor and small tiles on the tanking area as these wont slip with the grouting

I had a few quotes from tile mart and the said they are gulf stone then i found out
i had to seal these which i am ok with but as i shopped around found that
there were Chinese ones that were much cheaper as they are made with resin now i am getting really confused as one tells me one thing another says something else also they mentioned sunlight and underfloor heating is not a good idea i am going off the thought of the quartz but they look so lovely down.
Can Anyone shed any light on my query as i am now confused

Thanks

Onecut

O

Onecut

Hi Guys
Well, thanks for telling me Gulf stone is best which you are obviously selling and I appreciate you get what you pay for BUT
I need an answer to my question whether these EVEN gulf stone are going to be suitable for my wet room as it has nothing to do with the cost but don't want to find in a couple of years these are going to deteriorate with time really looking for someone that has had these tiles down for a while not from a Sellers point of view as I was thinking of putting polished porcelain instead as i know these wear well but the quartz ones took my eye at the time

L

Lodger

All quartz tiles are resin bound as far as I know.
They are also antibacterial as they aren't pours.
Also most suppliers don't want to take liability for Quartz tiles warping.
I have used Quartz with underfloor heating in 3 different jobs and not had any problems
I would use Quartz if you like them and for added protection use epoxy grout.
Epoxy grout would also bind the tiles together so less chance of the tiles ever warping.
I only use Webber SPF to fix the tiles and also back butter the tiles before fixing.

O

Onecut

Hi Lodger
Thanks for the info i have a concrete floor which is to be my wet-room so i have decided to go with the black quartz on the concrete floor and the very small quartz tiles on the tanking kit if that makes sense i will probably go for the gulf stone ones as these seem the best but will forgo the underfloor heating would you say that these will give me many years wear once these have been sealed

Thanks

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Quartz Tiles in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I'm searching for 42 pieces of 12" x 12" Verde Alpi marble tiles. Preferably honed. 12" x 24"...
Replies
Views
Morning All! I thought it was about time to start a new Good Morning Thread. The old thread can...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I am wondering if someone would be able to help me out/explain something. We had a...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB