Search the forum,

Discuss Question For The Plasterers in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
Tiling a bathroom in a couple of weeks the plasterers have been in and plastered it with a mix of bonding and finish plaster all mixed together and slapped on the wall. This is what they told the customer they used as I specifically told her to tell them not to use just bonding.
Is this common practice?
Can you tile to this?
It looks OK and not as fragile as just bonding..
Cheers.

W

White Room

I've known guys to use it like that for quick making good small areas but not for the larger/full rooms...personally they were just being lazy in my opinion.

B&Q used sell small bags for M/Good with the two mixed together for the diyer.

It may add some strength to the bonding but I have never tiled to that particular mix, then again depends on the tiles your fixing.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
I've known guys to use it like that for quick making good small areas but not for the larger/full rooms...personally they were just being lazy in my opinion.

B&Q used sell small bags for M/Good with the two mixed together for the diyer.

It may add some strength to the bonding but I have never tiled to that particular mix, then again depends on the tiles your fixing.
I'm only fixing cheap ceramics 200x250
Like I said dose look stronger than just bonding......bloody lazy gits like you said probably couldn't be bothered to skim it.

W

White Room

I'm only fixing cheap ceramics 200x250
Like I said dose look stronger than just bonding......bloody lazy gits like you said probably couldn't be bothered to skim it.

I personally don't think you should have any issues as there is finish mixed in with the bonding and your only fixing ceramics.....but your choice at the end of the day.

Reply to Question For The Plasterers in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Question
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent bathroom (600x600 porcelain, about 25m walls and floors) which went pretty well. I'm now having a go...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement