UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Question on marking and cutting in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

doug boardley

This worrys me, I thought Rubi were a top quality make, could this have been your perticular cutter tfs?

Can anyone else clarify this? I'll be starting tiling on my current bathroom a week tomorrow and I really need a good manual cutter.
I don't want one that leaves a rough bit that needs trimming off, maybe I should just bite the bullet and get one of these Sigmas? If it saves me time then its worth the £200+.

Desicions desisions.....

Edit: Make that £200 - £300 + !!!!!
I had a ts60 and it did the same, I really would recommend a TX700 Bob, will literally save you hours on every job

T

tfs

dont mean to be patronsing but half the people that own a half decent tape measure wont know that it has markings on it for measuring out studwalls at centres of 400 and 600.

For those that didnt notice, look at your tape and you will c=see black or red dots every 16 or 19.2 inch (400mm or 600mm)

This saves alot of time if you need to knock up some frames as it helps mark out sole plates etc without needing to do any maths.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bathfix Bob

TF
Arms
Thanks for all the advice on here, great stuff. :thumbsup:

I just couldn't justify the price of a TX 700 at the moment so I opted for a big clinker, £79.

I heard good things and bad things about the full range of cutters from diy to Sigma but the Clinker seemed to stand out as the best buy, certainly for a mere pipe basher! :smilewinkgrin:

I new I probably had bad habits regarding marking out hence this thread, I've always used either Stanley or Rothenberger tape measures and slightly over compensated and its always given accurate cuts.

Looking foward to using my new cutter!!

Bathfix Bob

TF
Arms
i was only having a pop for fun bob :thumbsup: but if you get a good tiler it can save you time and money.

I know you were Deano, I just thought I'd take the opportunity to explain why I was doing my own tiling, but as I said I'm no pro. :thumbsup:

I have to say though I did think of myself as one until I saw the pictures on this site, I rarely see work that good round here.

:waving:

Last edited:
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Question on marking and cutting in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I’ve got a job using marble geometric mosaics about 10 mm thick. I’ve tried several blades to...
Replies
Views
Beginner DIY Tiler, I'm contemplating drilling (with ceramic tile carbide tipped drill bits)...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
After annoying the guys in my local CTD for about an hour looking at samples and agonising on...
Replies
Views
A question about mitering and matching epoxy colour I'll be working with some pinkish matt...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.