Discuss Quote and win/lose ratio. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Smudger

Strange you should post this today. I started to write a thread late last night so that members could put their "Top Tips" for winning quotes. I started writing my top 5 but a) it was getting really late, and b) I wasn't sure it was the kind of thing to post. My tips would be based on sales experience/business knowledge not necessarily from quoting for tiling jobs, but the principles are broadly the same. I think one of the most important things that you can win quotes without having to compete on price. Happy to put my thoughts on the subject down if you think it would be worthwhile.

i dont advertise anywhere, all my enquires come from recomendations/referals

i am happy with my conversion rate and could improve it only by reducing my running lead time.

i always let the customer know my 1st available date prior to making arrangements to visit.

i present my services with the aid of a portfolio on my netbook and samples of materials to be used

S

Smudger

I would expect there to be a marked difference between referrals and "cold" leads, but the principles of a "good" quotation meeting would be the same.
SpanishTiler, I'm really interested in your electronic portfolio. Is this something that you've put together yourself? What do you include in it, photos? 360 photos? Testimonials? Do you tailor the portfolio for different quotes to make sure they see similar/relevant jobs? Sounds like excellent practice to me mate? :thumbsup:

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
it depends where the customer got my number from, if its a recomendation or an excisting customer then very high proberly 100%.

how ever if its through advertising only about 50% 2 years ago that would of been 80%, i find alot of customers round my way think of one thing only 'the cheapest price' and at the moment and i'm being under cut left, right and center.

how ever what iv'e started to do now is spend a lot more time on quotes, go through every detail with the customer, explain the importants of doing the correct prep work, using the correct materials, explain in detail exactly how i will do the job.

and i really need to get a web site sorted.

Last edited:

Reply to Quote and win/lose ratio. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm currently an A-Level DT student. My project involves me making a product for my...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Quote and win/lose ratio.
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.