UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss raar raar rant rant in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Deleted member 9966

Sometimes I envy the self-employed. I've just been to the kitchen at work to make my morning brew, I sticks the kettle on, nip to the ladies whilst it's brewing, to come back and find that the finance manager has re-filled the kettle and is boiling it for the 5 people in her team. It didn't even cross her mind that somebody else might have been boiling the kettle for themselves. Next time I'll leave a flamin note next to the kettle along with my mug and spoon.

:incazzato::incazzato::incazzato:

D

Deleted member 1779

Kettle wars. Yes we have them too at the factory. 365Drills share a block with 5 other companies and the tea room is battle ground. Have to mark our own mugs. Mark our own sugar. Coffee. Spoons. Even milk. I bought sugar lumps the other month to monitor if any other units were making use of our stuff. Low and behold sugar lumps dissapearing !!

And yes when we put the kettle on and go to the loo its amazing who pops into the room and helps themselves to the fresh hot boiling water. Maybe its a universal war !!

PS: I now take our sugar lumps back into our factory unit. Rather than leave anything in our allocated locker / cupboard.

On the flick side I often pinch a bit of "Unit C's" milk.... They buy 4pint containers so naughty me in "Unit H" going out to the tea room on a rob. I am worse than Anthony Worrall Thomson.

Maybe I will make it up to "Unit C" by putting a pack of biccies into their locker.

T-room wars.

D

Deleted member 9966

you need a tea lady to make you tea and bring you biscuits & cake's GIRLRACER, i would do it for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and send the invoice every two weeks :thumbsup::lol:

I'm thinking of asking the MD to take on this particular role. My assistant is retiring at the end of next month and he won't let me recruit a replacement, so I might just start a bit of upwards delegating :grin:

F

Fliselege

Could have been worse, my mate is in charge of repairs at Hampton Court Palace (as in pencil pusher not grafter, I'll stay on the tools, he's put down the tools and put on loads of weight) all the lads were complaining about a dodgy film on their tea from the urn, turned out the labourer whose mission it was to fill the urn before breaks was boiling his eggs in it. I worked for him for a while, took my thermos...

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
This is destined for some fun. Not sure if it'd work with your work Grr, but for Richard it would.

Leave your sugar, coffee and milk out. But with the sugar put half and half sugar and salt. With the coffee, half and half coffee and gravy granules. And with the milk, stick the old gone off milk in a new bottle, keep the new milk yourself in a washed out old bottle, and leave them all there marked Unit H - Do Not Use.

Wont be long before they completely avoid all things marked Unit H.

F

Fliselege

This is destined for some fun. Not sure if it'd work with your work Grr, but for Richard it would.

Leave your sugar, coffee and milk out. But with the sugar put half and half sugar and salt. With the coffee, half and half coffee and gravy granules. And with the milk, stick the old gone off milk in a new bottle, keep the new milk yourself in a washed out old bottle, and leave them all there marked Unit H - Do Not Use.

Got a better idea, introduce hot chocolate to the kettle area, swap half chocolate powder for laxatives, and hide all the loo paper

D

Diamond Pool Finishers

now that is plain nasty...... good though.....

Reply to raar raar rant rant in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bit of a long read......but it made me chuckle a lot. Pocket Taser Stun Gun, a great gift...
Replies
Views
Dougs Third Go
D
> ESSEX HURRICANE APPEAL !!! > > A hurricane (Hurricane Shazza) and earthquake measuring 5.8 on...
Replies
Views
P
Here is my all to common rant of the week before I go on my holiday tomorrow. I am a woman, its...
Replies
Views
DHTiling
D
R
Hi gys just a quick rant to vent my anger!! and ask for your help (wet room guys) After a long 3...
Replies
Views
Sean SML Tiling
S
M
Hi all, I am going to a play tomorrow night an it is about 4 tilers. Did anyone on the forum...
Replies
Views
M

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.