Discuss Radiator pipe collar in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

mercedism

I have a high wall mounted towel radiator, which has been capped off. This has made the hole needed to fit the tile bigger than normal. As its not perfectly round looking for a collar just to slot over the pipe that i can stick it to the tiles and hide the hole.

At a quick glance i have found some that are not clip around but seem very expensive for a couple of chrome ones.

Anybody using anything similar and any pointers to what to put on ther?

D

Deleted member 1779

I do agree with the point that on plastic chrome fittings that after a few years they go yellow.

This is the silver pipe cover on my kitchen rad and the top has turned a yellowy gold. All that can be done is regular replacement (like every 2 years)

190483_10150091440707014_617362013_6223570_504730_n.jpg

Anything plastic and shiny near heat tends to go brown. Even the white covers I used went brown.

But I have to say the plastic pipe clips have faired better.

radiator1.jpg

Ive got these in my house and its the same colour 5 years on

tiledrill_6.jpg

Reply to Radiator pipe collar in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

N
Hi, My plumber and joiner have not co-operated on my shower enclosure and left a small. niggly...
Replies
Views
D
How do I drill a hole in a steel bath. Or cast iron bath. Instructions on drilling into baths...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 1779
D
D
http://youtu.be/BxFUT2sH7rw Introducing PORSADRILL turbo cores. Faster drilling...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 1779
D
G
I have a problem with an old tiling job, done before I moved in. There is a basin waste pipe in...
Replies
Views
Gromit1
G
V
Hi All, My shower room DIY project continues to throw up issues. Having solved the PVA problem...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Radiator pipe collar
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.