• Thread starter diamondtiling
  • Start date
  • Replies 12
  • Views 166
  • Tags
    usa

Discuss Radio 4 in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

diamondtiling

Just listening to radio 4 and if anyone else listens then you know that they don't play music apart from desert island discs, lots of topical programmes.

Anyway they have just finished a programme about whether people who have sexually assaulted children and been convicted should ever be allowed to work with, look after, foster or have any contact with children again.

A spokesman from the NSPCC was on along with a woman from Liberty or some similar organization. The NSPCC were adamant that under no circumstances should these people be left alone with children or to work with them and quite rightly so. The woman from liberty was saying that was wrong and that it was against a persons civil liberties to be denied access!!
In her view each case should be considered on its merits? Is she crazy?
Who the hell would leave their children with one of these evil monsters.
She even cited a case about a grandfather and when asked directly by the presenter if she would leave her young children with a person like him she answered that she would consider it!

In my mind anyone who even tries to make a case for these people is crazy, did she have a secret agenda? who is behind her organization that would even want to think of allowing the law to be changed to cater for these people?

It will be available to listen to on their 'listen again' option.
Lets hope these people dont ever get into power, very scary thought.

:thumbsdown:

M

mikethetile

Dom

these people take the individuals rights to the extreme

its right that you shouldnt brand someone for life for mistakes they have made and we should move on and forgive but and its a big but where do you draw the line, if people are phycological child abusers then is it fair to them to allow them access to children, surely thats cruelty in itself. and what about the children who are in danger. we have a duty of care as a society to protect the vulnerable

lock this nutter up in the nonces wing and let her live with them and wwhen she realises shes talking total crap then release her

we need protection ffrom nutters like her

Reply to Radio 4 in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
G
Hi, I am after some honest advice regarding a job I done a few weeks ago for which I haven't...
Replies
Views
Just Rizzle
J
Hi, I am due to tile our Kitchen floor at the weekend, we went all out for the Black Star light...
Replies
Views
T14086
T
T
DIY SOS. Helping people without time or money, in need desperate need to get a project...
Replies
Views
C
  • Question
Hi, has anyone had a similar experience ....... I bought some split face tiles in Oyster. When I...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Radio 4
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.