Discuss Radio hoaxers in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

G

Gazzer

i dont think the djs should be taking the rap for this,it was merely a prank and the nurse shouldnt have put the call through

my thoughts are what pressure was the nurse under from her employers on this not only will she have been dragged over the coals for breaking confidentiality but its also a royal ,was her job under threat from this?

Pretty much my thoughts too and.....although not knowing the full facts.....why was she found at nursing accomodation and not at home with family....was she living there ? marriage issues etc ? Were the hospital being supportive? I cant see that myself . there is more to this !

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
it's a real sad case, the dj's can't take the rap. Perhaps more stringent phone screening etc should have been in place, but who knows maybe she was already on the edge anyway. Candid Camera were doing stunts like this for years and I don't think anyone saw it as anymore than a joke.

And Jeremy Beadle - remember the woman who thought aliens were in her back garden and she asked them if they wanted a cup of tea? Or the bloke who's van they swapped over and ran it into the Thames. He was going ape. These were just well executed pranks, and they went on national tv afterwards to be interviewed by Beadle on the show. Didn't hear of anyone on that show committing suicide. Like I said earlier and most of the comments, the nurse must have been troubled by a lot of things!

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
I don't think the des should take the "blame". Tis was apparently just an ill thought out badly timed but innocent prank. What I do think though, based on the events of others doing similr earlier this year and the same last year that programmers and dust should learn from their mistakes. It does not make for entertaining radio in my opinion. What purpose did this prank and other radio pranks serve. None at all except upset and in this instance the ultimate upset. Sad sad time...

Reply to Radio hoaxers in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views
I could use some help from everyone! The floor mosaic tile was recently retiled over a tile-redi...
Replies
Views
Hi there - I’m hoping to get some advice. I’m a builder, based in Melbourne, Australia. I’ve...
Replies
Views
Matthew7
M
Hi, I'm trying to assess what prep is needed on the walls for my kitchen backsplash. We'll be...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Radio hoaxers
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Canada Tile Advice
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond