Guest viewing is limited

Tiling Tool Suppliers

We recommend a couple of the best tiling tool suppliers, Pro Tiler Tools and Trade Tiler

Both supply the best tiling tool supplies, cutter makes, tile trims etc.

Discuss rail and wet cutters? in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com.

B

barnsleymark

Hi everyone not posted for a while due to loss of internet, the joy!!

Just wondering about peoples thoughs on what would be the best tile cutters to buy. Im still training at Barnsley college and will be due to qualify in June, so im looking to start buying the majority of my tools now while i have a bit of spare cash.

We use the rubi ts 40 as a rail cutter and ive always liked working with it, but college being college the wet cutter is a cheaper plasplugs one which im not too fond of. Ill be mainly looking to do domestic work so wondered what you guys thought would be good at an affordable price. Cheers in advance!

G

Gazzer

How much do you have to spend.?
If you like the Rubi style then stick with that, I would opt for a TX model though as they cope better with Porcelain tiles.

As for the wet cutter do you want a rail type, where the wheel is over the tile or under the bed in a tray of water to cool the blade ?
For the later, you have a choice of Plasplugs ( if you can get them), Rubi ( but decent model is expensive ND200 ) , Vitrex ( which is pretty much the same as the Plasplugs) , The Briccolina is said to be a good cutter too.

G

Gazzer

As you say that you dont wish to replace either in 12 -18 months you have to ask your self a few questions. If you pay cheap you will end up paying twice.
The manual cutter will be the expensive item and you wont get a TX for that price alone. You also need to consider what size cutting you wil be doing. 600mm tiles are very common these days so unless you good buy a smmaller cutter and a larger cutter you need to have a think. Size for size the Sigma and Montolit cutters offer better value but its all down to how you feel about the single rail type machines.
Have a look here Tradetiler Manual Tile Cutters and compare the machines but remember to compare size for size. The Sigmas and Montolits are a lot lighter than the Rubi but are just as tough if not tougher. I have had my Sigma for 8 years now and still cutting great.
If you want to get really anal about longevity of machines you also need to think of spare parts...mainly cutting wheels. My Sigma can do 1 year easily on one £4 wheel. When I used Rubi I was using at least 3 wheels a year @ £8 .

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to rail and wet cutters? in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

J
For Sale- Rubi TS 40 cutter well looked after complete with 2 cutters, new cost approx. £200...
Replies
Views
Gareth Raines
G
Hi guys, its my first post on there though have been gaining useful tips for a while so thanks...
Replies
Views
Cutting the last few 50x50 10mm ceramic floor tiles yesterday(terrible homebase tiles). Should...
Replies
Views
D
Hi folks, I am looking for advice on which wet cutter I should get for cutting 14mm...
Replies
Views
Just wondered what you are all using for indoor domestic jobs. I used to use the Plasplugs...
Replies
Views
S

Popular Tile Cutter Threads

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
rail and wet cutters?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters)
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Kerakoll

Votes: 6 6.9%
  • Ardex

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Mapei

Votes: 22 25.3%
  • Ultra Tile

Votes: 13 14.9%
  • BAL

Votes: 27 31.0%