Discuss raising floor level? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

mattanb

hi all after a bit advice about raising the floor level in my utility room?

i have recently put a tiled floor down when i put a new kitchen in and want to carry it on into the utility

the issue i have is when i did the kitchen i used 10mm insulation on top of the screed because of underfloor heating, the utility has got ruabon red type tiles which are layed in cement at the same height as the screed in the kitchen. is there anything i can fix or bond to the tiles in the util to then make up the 10 mm ready to be tiled on top?

so

1- will anything stick to the tiles i.e adhesive and what prep is needed?

2- what to use to make up the 10mm? plywood, tile backer panels?

or 3 knock the tiles up and then put approx an inch screed down to get the level ? seems a shame as the floor is sound with no cracks or loose tiles!

also our two dogs live in there and the washing machine and tumble dryer if that has any bearing on the material used!

any help and advice is appreciated!

matt

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to raising floor level? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I will be tiling with 60*30 procelain tiles. They weight about 3.57kg each which is about...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. Im a carpenter who has tiled a fair few floors over the years as i fit a lot of...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
450 x 450 porcelain tiles were laid on the bathroom floor recently. One of the tile sometimes...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
raising floor level?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.