Discuss Rapid v Standard Set (Mixing) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

Colour Republic

Thanks for the replies so far guys:thumbsup:

Interesting to see how many guys fix their field tiles then do their cuts. Personally I hate doing it that way and always do my cuts as I go as I find it much quicker and there's nothing worse than having to do a load of cuts on one go.

Yeah I do it both ways but as an average I normally do the cuts as I go on walls but often do them after on floors, that's mainly down to using rapid on floors and standard on walls

Somerset
Interesting post guys. I know that most adhesive manufacturers encourage mixing of different products to different tasks e.g.
- Using thick bed self level compound in one floor area , and standard (cheap) set in another.
- Using standard setting floor adhesive in kitchen to save costs, but extra fast rapid set for washing machine or fridge floor area.
If you should not mix their products they normally state that on packaging. However no one recommends different manufacturers products used for tiling same area.

Also note comment from Stewart about different attitudes of different tilers to laying floor tiles. Two considerations here - do what you have to to make a good installation, then do what you can to do it as quickly as possible. Now that does depend on the size and type of room. If tiling a small bathroom, including cuts around toilet and sink pedestal I always dry cut first - I was taught that you lay the whole tiles first, then you know you can get the cuts spot on. For larger rooms I tend to lay all the whole tiles from centre to edges in quadrants. Then cut edge tiles and lay all in one go. I find that more accurate and quicker for me - again taking the way I was taught - making cuts from surrounding whole tiles.

Reply to Rapid v Standard Set (Mixing) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I've had a bit of an issue on a job I've been doing recently. We finished tiling on...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hi All So around 10 years ago (i had no idea it was that long ago until i looked up the order...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Rapid v Standard Set (Mixing)
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.