UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Rascal Ray - Mytchett, Surrey in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

doit4u

Just wondered if anybody was in the Camberly/Aldershot area and was getting bored with the xmas break whether they fancied going to see 'Rascal Ray' and ask him nicely for the £50 he still owes me for my old van.

This guy {Ray Anderson} trades as Ray's Rascal Spares and advertises on e-bay. He bought my old Rascal van for spares {the engine was knackered} and agreed £200 cash.

When he came to collect he claimed he had forgotten to bring enough money to cover his petrol to get home so could only give me £150. To be fair he offered to pay the rest on Paypal {I presumed whilst he was still there - but I could be wrong}. Anyway my PC was in for its annual healthcheck so it couldn't have been done there and then, so we agreed he would send a cheque for the remainder.

Well that was 7 weeks ago. I e-mailed him a week later and he claims the cheque was sent the next day. I waited until the end of the week and e-mailed asking for the cheque to be cancelled and a new one sent. Someone called Sam answered saying he was away for a few days and would get in touch when he returned. Guess what he didn't.

After several more unaswered e-mails I sent a recorded delivery letter and as that was answered I sent a final demand by recorded delivery which was returned by the Post Office yesterday saying that delivery had been refused.

Do you think I would now be right in thinking that he isn't going to pay me???????

Ah well it will give me something to do over the xmas break filling in the Small Claims Court forms.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Rascal Ray - Mytchett, Surrey in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

We had our loft bathroom done a month ago and are having issues with the tiler (recommended on a...
Replies
Views
Vinny Kehoe
V
Hello, looking for advice and what to do next. Have had main bathroom installed via a local...
Replies
Views
I was quoted over £4700 (inclusive of VAT) to rip out and replace my bathroom. This does not...
Replies
Views
C
Hi all Hoping for some opinions on how to handle an ongoing issue in having with my tiler He...
Replies
Views
G
Hi guys, sorry for long post, just after a bit of advice regarding my first proper complaint...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.