Discuss Re-Grout advice please in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

gobwise

Hi,
Just been replacing a shower unit and tried to use all the best products. Swapped rotten plasterboard with AquaPanel, BAL tanked, BAL White Star adhesive, then grouted with Microflex. However impressed I was with the finished job with my bright white tiles, once the grout dried I realised the online company I bought the grout from has sent me Ivory grout instead of White. So I now have a very neat job in an ultra waterproof shower but with the wrong colour grout. Here's my options to fix the 24 hour old microflex grout (change the ivory grout to white):
1) Fully scrape out the grout and regrout with white microflex
2) Scrape out the grout to a depth of 2mm?? and regrout with white microflex
3) Use a grout remover product (Microrevive??) and regrout with white microflex
4) Paint the grout with a white grout reviver pen (e.g. Unibond)
I've tried 4) so far and it works well for now, but I can't imagine it will last the test of time.
Appreciate your advice to give the best balance of quality of finish versus effort.
Many thanks
P.S. I will be phoning the online company to give them an ear-bashing.

G

gobwise

So I've embraced your expert advice, got the elbow grease out and started removing the grout. Turns out it was fairly easy to remove with a hand tool (1 hour per square metre), probably due to it not being fully hardened yet, and is now ready for the new white grout. For anyone else that falls into this trap I'd definitely recommend removing the grout ASAP after laying before it fully hardens. I would also recommend triple checking products before use, especially when ordering from REMOVED as this is the second time they have sent the wrong item in three orders. They may be cheap but this may be due to them paying warehouse staff peanuts and getting monkeys....

Thanks guys for your advice on this topic and on others throughout the site, from which I have learned a huge amount on tiling professionally.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Re-Grout advice please in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

After annoying the guys in my local CTD for about an hour looking at samples and agonising on...
Replies
Views
First time poster here. For some context, I have a (mostly finished) tiny home with some really...
Replies
Views
I've got an AKW Tuff form shower tray with a waste that is 10mm above the tray when fully...
Replies
Views
Hi after some advice . Just finished the shower cubicle , used a Mapei white grout and the grout...
Replies
Views
Help! Advice needed please! I am in the middle of a bathroom renovation that my partner is...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Re-Grout advice please
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.