Discuss re-grouting a shower room arrgh!! in the Best Bathroom Tiles area at TilersForums.com.

K

kelgem

Hiya, Im new to the site so thought it was about time i introduced myself to everyone! Im also looking for a bit advice on the best way to get the grout out of a shower cubicle. I ve tried grout rakes in the past and found them pretty useless hence im running a million miles in the opposite direction from this job. However it has been suggested to me to try using a small hand held electric cutting saw, possibly the exacta saw that is being advertised at the minute on tv? has anyone tried this or have any other ideas?
thanx
kelly

D

DHTiling

Hi kelly...

I have one of those exacta saws...Not much cope really as you can't really control it in the grout joints..

The best tool that i have know is the Fein multimaster...excellent tool for a multitude of jobs..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNSVWHs4t38]YouTube - Fein Multimaster Segmented Carbide Grout Blade & Rasp[/ame]

And available at a good price from tradetiler...

Tradetiler tilers Fein Multimaster

Upvote 0
D

DHTiling

thanx for the speedy reply!
where can i get this fein multimaster and is it worth paying the extra for it rather than the bosch one?
cheers

Depends upon how often you will use the tool..

I have had the bosh one for a while but recenty got the fein...and it is much much better IMHO than the bosh pmf180e..

Now you can buy the bosch cheap enough but you only get a couple wood blades for that price and nothing for re-grouts...and the grout remover is not cheap...so for a few quid you get loads of gadgets in the trade tiler kit..

HERE>>>>> Tradetiler tilers Fein Multimaster

Upvote 0
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to re-grouting a shower room arrgh!! in the Best Bathroom Tiles area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

P
As a newbie to a Wet Room I have just inherited I am hoping you can help me. I have a 2/3 Bar...
Replies
Views
plug_it_in
P
B
Good afternoon all, I was hoping someone could help. I have had a leak from our shower cubicle...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 9966
D
J
Hi folks, 1st time post here.:8: I am planning on installing a wet room in my ensuite, total...
Replies
Views
I
Hi Folks. Like most others I've arrived here because I'm at a quandry as to what to do with a...
Replies
Views
DHTiling
D

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB