Discuss Re grouting job in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

MW Smith Ceramics

A hardie backer cutting tool but don't slip onto the tiles otherwise it will score the tile....
Never used one of those, will it remove hardened grout then??...if so then great as I was thinking of purchasing an electric power tool for grout removal but just wanted to get some advice on tried and tested tools, I will look into using one of those and see how effective it is.

Many thanks for your reply

M

MW Smith Ceramics

Ceramic/porcelain tiles? Then clean the grout and the tiles with an acid based cleaner and a toothbrush. Then use a grout colorant with a toothbrush.

You will deffo scribe your tiles if you try de grouting a 2mm grout line.

Also, how big/small are your tiles?
Yes I know it's gonna be a right mare!.....but she is having none of cleaning it up and using grout recover as she wants an epoxy ......just gotta find a perfect tool that can do it in good time that any of you guys have actually tried and tested............tiles are 200x250 ceramic.......it was only done 2 yrs ago and it's really bad, mould everywhere....., they have extractor fan and keep the window open, the tiling isn't the best so I reckon cheap grout mastic has been used here....DOH!

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Ruislip
If she wants an epoxy then she can have one without the mess.

A grout colorant will turn your grout into an epoxy grout - honestly.

A mould spray (chlorine) will get rid of the mould in a few minutes.

I even get a few spots of mould in our shower. Well ventilated and has a fan, but the bathroom is always freezing. Single brick and crittall windows don't help. Just a couple of sprays of HG MOULD remover does the trick.

I'm not pulling your leg about the colorant. Have a look at Aquamix grout colorant.

200x250........you had better buy a few spares!!!!!

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
Yes I know it's gonna be a right mare!.....but she is having none of cleaning it up and using grout recover as she wants an epoxy ......just gotta find a perfect tool that can do it in good time that any of you guys have actually tried and tested............tiles are 200x250 ceramic.......it was only done 2 yrs ago and it's really bad, mould everywhere....., they have extractor fan and keep the window open, the tiling isn't the best so I reckon cheap grout mastic has been used here....DOH!
If the tilings that bad It would make more sense to start again.....polishing a turd springs to mind...:)

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Re grouting job in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi there - I’m hoping to get some advice. I’m a builder, based in Melbourne, Australia. I’ve...
Replies
Views
Matthew7
M
Hi, Looking for advice mainly on how much adhesive I should remove from between the tiles in a...
Replies
Views
We recently finished a bathroom renovation where the two builders who did the bathroom also did...
Replies
Views
Bathroom being refurbished. A load of things have been rushed like some loosely rollered (not...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB