Discuss Re-Grouting Shower - Help???? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

Parto

Hey Guys

Great forum you have here.

Posting all the way from Australia, as i'm in need of some help.

I re-grouted parts of our shower yesterday as some of the grout that was in there had developed mould, so i simply scrapped away some of the original grout and tried to replace it.

That seemed to go OK, but i've now got a problem regarding the depth of the old grout and how the new grout sits in the gaps.

The old stuff seems to sit a lot lower than the new stuff i put down. The tiles go down at the edges a bit and the old grout sits right on the edge, but the new grout seems to cover the taper, meaning that the tiles i regrouted have a thicker grout line than the original ones.

Is there a way to take the grout down the same thickness as the original grout or should i just go over the whole wall again to achieve some consistency?

Thanks in advance for your help!

U

Unregistered

Over here we have a tool called a fein multimaster you can use it to grind away the old grout and it will give you a uniformed depth thus giving your grout a better chance of staying in messy job though you will earn yourself a few tinnies after that.always better to take as much grout out as you can gives the regrout a better chance of being a success.
I inadvertently left grout which hardened on outdoor terrace tiles I had been re-grouting. Its a bugger to get off and I wondered if there was a product which might loosen/dissolve the cement a bit so I can wipe it off? Thanks.

Reply to Re-Grouting Shower - Help???? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
I like DIY projects. Figured I'd try my hand at removing cracked grout in my shower and replace...
Replies
Views
Daniels
D
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Re-Grouting Shower - Help????
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks