Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Re: tanking and fitting fixtures in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

H

hd5578

Hi All.

I have another question which i'm hoping someone can help me with.

I was wondering, if you needed to fix things to the tanked wall e.g shower head pole/holder then surely the fixing screws needed to hold these to the wall would pierce the tanking membrane whether it be and liquid form or sheet form. Thus allowing the water to creep in.

What would you advice in this situation??

Many thanks
Dan

J

jay

Surely the shower head is the highest of everything and anything below such as holders and mixer controls are underneithe.

These would be wet all the time?

:)

yes you have a point and as above should be sealed including taps (wall to mechanism not wall to flange) the bottom half of the wall will be the most affected by moisture as water tends to run heavy in that area walls should be tanked to just above rose outlet all fittings should sealed as to continue the waterproofing hope this helps

T

Time's Ran Out

The modern trend is to have the mixer controls at the entrance to the shower so you can turn the water on then get under the spray.
After tiling all the fixtures are normally sealed around the edges prior to the units being used.
However you are no doubt correct that there is a possibility that some ingress may occur if the sealant is not 100% watertight.
But in the end you'll put more water on the floor when you get out than will go behind a screw hole 1200mm up a wall!:lol:

Reply to Re: tanking and fitting fixtures in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am installing a shower/wet room in an upstairs on suite. Shower tray will be installed...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a wetroom tray on timber floor. We have an impey shower tray and tanking membrane...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi, New to the forum. I'm going to be installing a new corner, shower unit with tiled walls...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Re: tanking and fitting fixtures
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.