Discuss re-tiling bathroom walls in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

J

JIMBOB187

Some much more experienced peeps will be along soon but I will say that the wall will probably not be uin a very good condition with adhesive still attached, divets and flaky plaster everywhere so a re skim would be best, you may be lucky our house had not been touched since it was built in 1975 and the kitchens tiles just fell off leaving an almost perfect adhesive free surface, maybe they used sellotape in the 70's

G

GazTech

Hi
I have been asked to re-tile a bathroom..
I have no problems taking the old tiles off as they are on solid walls, but can i just put new adshive over the old stuff? or would it be better to skim the walls first?
Cheers
JRW
advise the customer that until tiles have been removed there is no knowing what prep is required..so you cannot fully commit yourself to price ..Gaz

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to re-tiling bathroom walls in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, first time posting. I’m in the middle of tiling my own bathroom, first time having a go at...
Replies
Views
I will be tiling with 60*30 procelain tiles. They weight about 3.57kg each which is about...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm trying to assess what prep is needed on the walls for my kitchen backsplash. We'll be...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB