Currently reading:
Ready mixed adhesive grout problem

Discuss Ready mixed adhesive grout problem in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

genoveg

Hi,

I'm a neewbie to the forum and although not a complete professional I have been refurbishing properties for some time and have taken to doing my own tiling for the last few years with great success.

However, I have hit snag and am after some advice.....recently renovated a basement shower room which suffered a serious leak ( turns out previous owners decided to hide a manhole under some timber and lion which blocked and leaked and...well you can guess the rest!!!)

I stripped out all back to concrete floor and installed a recessed tile manhole cover and screeded and self levelled in preparation for tiling using 330 x 330 tiles.

Now, for some time I have always used powdered adhesive and grout but customer had purchased a ready mixed adhesive and grout which I wasn't too keen on but as it was such as small area I bit the bullet and thought it wold be ok.

Now, drying time quoted is 48 hours but 2 days later and there was still some flex so I left a further 2 days and it seemed fine, so I went ahead and grouted.

Now, on working on floor sealing edges and re-installing wc, a couple of tiles have 'popped' and are flexing, with water penetrating under.....

Will these tiles set over time or will I have to remove and relay with preferred powdered cement product?

Couple of people have told be the stuff just doesn't cure especially if slightly more than a thin bed applied but am loathe to rip up tiles unless I have too.

Any help appreciated

G

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Ready mixed adhesive grout problem in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.