Discuss really annoyed in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

dave l and l

a few weeks ago had a phone call from a customer wanting a splash back tiled in white metros,
once i measured and told her how many tiles she would need i left, about a week later the van broke down and i told her i could not fit the job on,
at the same time as this happened a guy i new was struggling for work so i mentioned job to him and told him i would pass his number onto customer,, i had seen a couple of his jobs and the were ok,,,
so i phoned customer and told them problems i had with van and that i would give her the number of another guy. telling her at the same time that i wasnt vouching for him or his quality of work...
three weeks later she phones me telling me that she is happy at the job , but he has left a bit of trim of and a couple of other wee silly things needing finished,
she has paid him and he has not bothered to go back.
now she has been on the phone to me constantly , so i went up tonight for a look , the workmanship is utterly shocking and i cannot believe that she is happy with it,i am really annoyed about it,
now i am going up to fix a couple of bits and put a bit of trim to finish the bit of,
the question is who is the idiot, him doing a terrible job and getting paid or me feeling bad about it that i am going back to next week to fit a bit of trim and fix a couple of bits and its going to cost me,,,
she seems to think that i was getting money from him for job which is annoying me as i have told her is not the case.
and i am also going to get into trouble when i get hold of this guy

D

dave l and l

Tried to phone but just wrong out. Text a couple of times..then got a reply Tonight when I told him I had been up. It said it was his girlfriend texting me back as he was in hospital. She was going to.visit him tonight. That was sent at half eight. Funny visiting times . He is obviously a spineless liar.I will bump into him for sure.
He literally had ten mins of work left on job and the woman would have been happy. Which is beyond me as job is shocking.

D

dave l and l

Yeah no can't just leave it be. In hindsight I should have not got involved when she first phoned I should have repeated myself and told her it was just a number I gave her . but I felt that I should get involved. I told her she has to paint a couple of bits and I will get her a bit of trim for the end.it it's annoying as I was looking for another to let to pass work onto and give me a hand sometimes.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to really annoyed in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. My daughter had a tiling job done in her kitchen while she was away last week. I stayed...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I am building my own house and now I'm ready to tile the floor downstairs. I have...
Replies
Views
Hi all! So I got to a job yesterday downstairs wetroom floor with mains underfloor heating...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB