Discuss really big tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

S

Spud

its starting to get silly how big tiles are now 1800 x 900

Attachments

• IMAG1425 (960x1280).jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 124
S

Spud

cut the short side 900 on a push tile cutter long cuts are being done with a 4 1/2 inch grinder with a porcelain blade they cut really well fixing them with tile master setaflex over ditra and using my vibration compaction plate (tile iron) going to mitre all the external corners should be nice when finished,sorry about the cloudy images the lens on my camera phone has had it

Attachments

• IMAG1428 (1280x960).jpg
    72 KB · Views: 87
  • IMAG1431 (1280x960).jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 86
  • IMAG1432 (1280x960).jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 84
C

charlie1

cut the short side 900 on a push tile cutter long cuts are being done with a 4 1/2 inch grinder with a porcelain blade they cut really well fixing them with tile master setaflex over ditra and using my vibration compaction plate (tile iron) going to mitre all the external corners should be nice when finished,sorry about the cloudy images the lens on my camera phone has had it

whats your troweling size and setting method for those gary? Id imagine the floor has to be pretty spot on flat -3mm / 1.8m?

S

Spud

whats your troweling size and setting method for those gary? Id imagine the floor has to be pretty spot on flat -3mm / 1.8m?
levelled the floor at the prep stage in order to bring it up to the same finished floor height as the adjoining wood floor it was near perfect to a 2m straight edge ,then ditra matting then tiles the floor was trowelled with a 12mm square notch and the tiles were back spread flat then trowelled with the same 12mm trowel these were then fitted and vibrated with a hand compaction plate

J

jonnyc

I thought I had seen alot but this is new and exciting territory and you are leading the field of fixers who will follow.
I have a very vivid memory of quoting to do a big stone job for boss of French connection about 4-5 years ago and a very small part of my package which was primarily stone included this porcel thin product. I made extensive enquiries with adhesive manufacturers and opted out of the the porcelain tiles and subsequently lost a very good project.
It's never too late to learn a new skill as we all know , and I see this development as just another progression in the tilers never ending adaptation to new products on market
personally I would be quite happy to carry on in the little speciality works that I offer
But if that dies off then I will be there like we all have to be .

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to really big tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Poll
Have you ever worked for a National Tile Supplier or even just smaller big chain tile suppliers...
Replies
Views
I'm searching for 42 pieces of 12" x 12" Verde Alpi marble tiles. Preferably honed. 12" x 24"...
Replies
Views
I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views
hello Folks, its a tiny area. 1.8 m2. Joists are solid 3 inch wide. Area is upstairs close to...
Replies
Views
Hello, after watching so many instructional videos and planing, I just can't understand how to...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB