Search the forum,

Discuss Recommend a good cheap tile cutter (dry) / Laser level in the Tiling Tools area at TilersForums.com.

T

trogg

Thanks for the replies, I've ordered a Turbo X Diamond ats blade, but I'm not sure I'd be able to cut a straight line with it and not keen on all that dust, will probably only use it on awkward cuts.
Mixed reviews on the Big Clinker 2, but mostly good so will give it a try, don't need it until next week so if anyone else has any ideas I'd be grateful .
With the Laser Level I had intended to buy one of the Bosch range (GLL GCL) ? However the Stanley is half the price, so if you think it's good enough to do the job I'll go for it .

O

Old Mod

Thanks for the replies, I've ordered a Turbo X Diamond ats blade, but I'm not sure I'd be able to cut a straight line with it and not keen on all that dust, will probably only use it on awkward cuts.
Mixed reviews on the Big Clinker 2, but mostly good so will give it a try, don't need it until next week so if anyone else has any ideas I'd be grateful .
With the Laser Level I had intended to buy one of the Bosch range (GLL GCL) ? However the Stanley is half the price, so if you think it's good enough to do the job I'll go for it .
Dependable on the job you expect it to do. An ordinary cross line laser will not set out floors for you.

O

Old Mod

Are you saying that I couldn,t use this (Stanley) on floor tiles ? Would it give a line across the floor ?
Well ok, it will probably give you one line on your floor, with the vertical line. It you won't be able to square a floor or put cross hairs on it.
It'll give you one line only between two measured points, I wouldn't like to guess a distance tho.
Laser specifically designed for floors, will have have two lines projected on to the floor to give a perfect 90 degree angle, some will give four lines, one forward and back, and one either side.

Ttt1601

TF
Esteemed
Arms
For a laser go to ffx website the lecia laser on there for £100 is ideal, I've got 4 lasers now and I use the lecia most, oys a self leveling city cross line and if you put it on the tripod it comes with will ping a line in one direction about 15m, it doesn't come with a magnet back plate like the dewalt bit I use a cheap steel rule screwed to the wall and can adjust the magnet on tripod to suit, neat ?100 laser on my opinion

I

Italy

lol, I naturally thought it was me, My spelling is terrible :)
my spelling is perfect ....
upload_2017-2-10_22-30-39.jpeg

O

Old Mod

Hmm, back to the drawing board then...
If you want a one stop laser, you need to go for a 3 beam like this Bosc from @Pro Tiler Tools

Bosch GLL 3-80 P + BS150 Professional Line Laser + Tripod 0601063306 | Buy Bosch Tiling Lasers, Lasers for Tiling, Laser Levels, Rotary Lasers Online from Pro Tiler Tools - http://www.*******************/bosch-tiling-lasers-lasers-for-tiling-laser-levels-rotary-lasers/37939/bosch-gll-3-80-p-bs150-professional-line-laser-tripod-0601063306

However a cheaper way is to buy 2 separate lasers.
One cross line, and one floor. Like these two.

Bosch GLL2 + BS150 Professional Cross Line Laser (2 Lines) With Tripod + Wall Mount 061599404T | Buy Bosch Tiling Lasers, Lasers for Tiling, Laser Levels, Rotary Lasers Online from Pro Tiler Tools - http://www.*******************/bosch-tiling-lasers-lasers-for-tiling-laser-levels-rotary-lasers/38382/bosch-gll2-bs150-professional-cross-line-laser-2-lines-with-tripod-wall-mount-061599404t

Bosch PLT2 Tile Laser 603664000 | Buy Bosch Tiling Lasers, Lasers for Tiling, Laser Levels, Rotary Lasers Online from Pro Tiler Tools - http://www.*******************/bosch-tiling-lasers-lasers-for-tiling-laser-levels-rotary-lasers/38097/bosch-plt2-tile-laser-603664000

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Recommend a good cheap tile cutter (dry) / Laser level in the Tiling Tools area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.

There are similar tiling threads here

• Question
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe had worn away over the past 70 years, causing a small crack in the copper. A plumber/builder fixed...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

You're browsing the Tiling Tools category on TilersForums.com. Find the correct trowels to use with which type of tiling. Find advice on lash clips and levelling systems and more.