Discuss Rectified porcelain install needs fix in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

RenoPhobic

We had 1,000 sq feet of 18x18 rectified porcelain installed. There are several spots where the installer screwed up and the edges are slightly lifted, just enough to be visible and sharp to bare feet. It's a real shame. He is looking into polishing the floor, but I am hesitant. The design looks like marble, but doesn't go all the way through. I can see hitting the edges by hand with some kind of hand held grinder with very mild wet paper, but brining in a giant floor polisher seems like a further disaster. This isn't marble after all. Anyone every polish porcelain? Any suggestions?

A

Alphadock

As davidhowetiling says, a through/full body porcelain can be polished. I would be very impressed if someone to obtain a good finish in this situation though. The problem being the whole floor would need grinding back, if you just did a few spots (and managed to polish the surface to match the original) you would be left with a 'dish' on the surface which would show up.

Have you got a couple of spare tiles left over?
Try putting them face to face and see if they sit flat together.
Some tiles are bowed which makes it impossible to install them perfectly flat with no lippage.
Some tilers just aren't very good, I'm afraid to say.

I certainly wouldn't recommend polishing them.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Rectified porcelain install needs fix in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

U
About a year ago, I had 64 sqm porcelain tiles installed on top of a concrete slab, forming a...
Replies
Views
The growing popularity of “Thin Porcelain Tile” Now that industry professionals have coined a...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R
B
. Can someone tell me what I need to buy to install a porcelain floor in the bathroom? There is...
Replies
Views
Hi...help required please working out a price. I have 170 sq. m of the above to tile on a pumped...
Replies
Views
Qwerty
Q
Hi there First of all, I am VERY happy to have found this forum, as I have been pulling my hair...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB